05/08/2013

An adventure in France


So the journey begins! I am currently typing away on a clean white iPad, whilst sitting in CLUB class to Bordeaux; something that I have never experienced before I can insure you. Life simply cannot get much better than this....

Bordeaux is on the south-west coast of France for any of you who might not be keen geographers.

The plan? Well hopefully for my French to rapidly improve. I'll be thrown in at the deep end. Not only am I travelling as an unaccompanied minor with British Airways but I'm meeting some French cousins and staying with them for one week. So I'll be forced to hear French, speak French and maybe even remember some phrases.
Just to let you know, the prices for the club class and economy turned out to be the same (my mum was super clever when researching deals). So of course I made the extremely difficult decision to choose to travel club class....

The views are amazing up here. I love being in a plane, I thoroughly treasure having a window seat! I really want to go in a helicopter one day or perhaps have a flying lesson...my dad had one a couple years ago for his birthday and I got to sit in the back. It was a bit worrying really.

I had no idea how privileged one is in club class. They offered me an English breakfast. Not just any tasteless, horribly packaged one but it was delicious and served in a china bowl/plate. And to top it off, I got a fruit salad too. I grinned throughout my meal continuously.

Well we're nearly there.....I have to stay waiting in my seat until one of the members of staff on board take me to another member of staff in Bordeaux to help me find my cousin, Karine. I'm excited, slightly nervous and extremely full and absolutely freezing! Why do planes have to be so cold?! Bit of a funny combination of feelings really...

And while I'm waiting I can't help but read a but of a trashy magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, if you'd like to leave a comment about my blog for me to read, go ahead!